If you are looking for an additional cleaning utensil to keep your smile bright beyond brushing and flossing, consider the use of mouthwash. However, whereas cosmetic mouthwash is designed to only mask bad breath and other ailments, a therapeutic mouthwash may be needed if you wish to provide actual oral health care benefits such as the following:
– Therapeutic mouthwash has been shown to help improve the color of your smile when teeth whitening substances are added to the product. In several instances, the teeth whiteners can remove stains and discolorations from your teeth.
– Always look for mouthwash products that have been recommended by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Mouthwash products can be extremely beneficial for removing plaque.
– Several therapeutic types of mouthwash have been shown to help prevent or reduce gingivitis, which is an early stage of gum disease.
– As plaque buildup in your mouth lingers around, it turns into tartar. Mouthwash can be used to reduce the speed at which tartar forms.
– To help eliminate the bacteria responsible for bad breath, cosmetic mouthwash can be used.
When you are ready to schedule an oral health assessment with Pollary Family Dentistry at our office in Colorado Springs, Colorado, you can call us at 719-591-0750. Dr. Kenneth Pollary and our entire team look forward to ensuring you get the smile you desire.
6165 Lehman Dr #104, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
MON - FRI 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
SAT - SUN Closed
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (719) 591-0750